6 Reasons To Join Color Manila’s Blacklight Run
Have the time of your life during Color Manila Blacklight Run – exercise and party at the same time, while enjoying the sight of neon colors glowing in the dark.
Fun runs are one of those events that I used to join once or twice a year from 2009 to 2013. I am not really an athletic person but for some reason, I find it enjoyable and challenging and generally fun! I even joined some fun runs alone and met some people there too.
It has been years since I last joined a fun run so imagine how happy I was to got an invite from our friends from Greenbulb Public Relations for the Color Manila Blacklight Run Press Conference. I did not make it to the event given that I am not in Manila in the meantime but they still sent me these information kit that I am not going to share with all of you. I have heard of Color Manila before but the information below made me know them more so I hope this will help you decide to check or better yet register to their Blacklight Run! Let me know your thoughts at the comments section. Have a great day!
Who is Color Manila?
· Established in 2012, Color Manila is a race and events organizer that targets both running enthusiasts/athletes and non-runners, and lets them experience the real fun in fun run through a color festival.
· Color Manila removes the competition aspect of the race and encourages the participants to just run at their own pace, creating an exciting atmosphere among the participants.
· Since 2013, Color Manila has been hosting the biggest color fun run in the country.
· Color Manila, in partnership with Brother International, was one of the finalists of Best Sports Marketing Campaign 2015, the first Sports Industry Awards in South East Asia.
· Color Manila has been chosen by the Department of Tourism to organize and host the opening event of Visit Philippines 2015 and Visit Philippines Again 2016 – DOT’s hero campaigns.
What are Color Manila’s concept events?
· Color Manila has launched three concept events so far: Color Manila Run, Color Manila Challenge, and the CM Blacklight Run. They are also launching a new concept run this year – the Color Manila Costume Run, which has never been done before in the country.
Color Manila Run
· A color powder race with several color stations along the race route. Unlimited fun and happiness await the participants as an after party always follows the Color Manila festival where everyone throws powder into the air while dancing it out to our DJ’s beats.
Color Manila Challenge
· This is a race route like no other. Participants have to go through obstacles, color stations, and mazes before they can cross the finish line. This route will make the participants crawl, run, skip, and roll – the fun way of course.
· A one-of a-kind night run, Color Manila Blacklight Run is filled with neon colors that illuminate in blacklight. A race and a party rolled into one, this is definitely one run you don’t want to miss.
What else? Is there more to Color Manila races other than the colors and cool concepts?
· Of course there’s more. Aside from promoting both fitness and fun at the same time, Color Manila aims to make a difference in other people’s lives through the Color Manila Foundation (CMF). Inspired by the hope and light-hearted feeling invoked by the rainbow, it is CMF’s vision to be regarded as the rainbow bridge of hope for people and our planet, creating life-changing relationships in both the local and international community by bringing color the people’s lives.
Color Manila in Numbers
· 4 key races (Color Manila Run, Color Manila Challenge, Color Manila Blacklight Run, and the upcoming Color Manila Costume Run)
· 8 cities the races have been held in (Manila, Isabela, Dagupan, Bacolod, Cebu, Davao, Pampanga, La Union)
· 110,000 runners and counting nationwide (and upcoming runners globally) in almost four years
· 500 kids and counting who were put to smile by the Color Manila Foundation in less 3 months since its launch. A thousand more to come by the end of this year.
(From L-R): Pinoy Fitness’ Jeff Lo, and Color Manila’s Justine Cordero and Jay Em, encourage everyone to join the Blacklight Run, where there’s absolutely no competition – just running at your own pace and having fun.
6 Reasons To Join Color Manila’s Blacklight Run
You see the same sights, follow a steady pace, and apart from the music blaring in your earphones, you don’t really get a lot of variety—so what’s fun about a run?
How about joining Color Manila’s Blacklight Run to see for yourself?
Color Manila is encouraging everyone to sign up for a one of a kind running experience—one that combines fitness with new and exciting sights, opportunities to bond with family and friends, while still getting all the benefits of exercise. Here are some of the reasons why you should seriously consider lacing up those running shoes—
Join the awesome people who have already registered for the Blacklight Run. Log on to www.colormanilarun.com and get ready to have the perfect night out.
Running can be boring—and once in a while, it helps to add a bit of variety into the mix. For Color Manila, as the name implies, it’s all about the hues. Whether you opt for the 10K, 5K or 3K, you can be sure to enjoy a unique running event amid filled with neon colors.
It’s At Night
Not a morning person? No problem. Since the Blacklight Run is happening at night, you don’t need to worry about waking up early or running under the heat of the sun. Color Manila makes this night run even more spectacular through the colors they’d be using – the colors would glow in the dark, thanks to the blacklight that would illuminate the entire race route.
Color Manila holds a press launch for the much-anticipated Blacklight Run happening on May 28, Saturday, at Filinvest, Alabang.
Go At Your Own Pace
The focus here is fun. It doesn’t matter if you’re a running pro who can easily complete 10K in a blink, or a newbie just dipping your toe in the world of running, it’s the perfect event to get started. Piece of advice – just enjoy the race route.
For those who are always on the look out for something new and exciting things to do in the city, the Blacklight Run creates a perfect venue to get into shape, bond with family and friends, and of course, meet new people.
CM Vice President, Justine Cordero (left), and CM President Jay Em (right), share Color Manila’s vibrant story on how it has become a successful organization that it is now.
While undeniably fun, you’re still bound to reap the benefits of exercise. Challenge yourself and see if you can beat your time and distance, or choose to take in the colorful sights at a pace you’re comfortable with—either way, you’ll feel better about having joined and finished it.
It’s For A Cause
More than organizing the coolest fun runs in the country, Color Manila sees to it to give back to the community through the Color Manila Foundation (CMF). Inspired by the hues of the rainbow, CMF commits to support the following causes: Medical Missions, Arts and Creativity, Health and Fitness, Mother Nature, Education, Innovation, and Disaster Response. Clearly, Color Manila is an organization with a huge heart.
Amped up for the race yet? Be sure to visit www.colormanilarun.com to sign up and get your race kits before May 28, 2016.
Through a simple color festival, Color Manila let the media experience a sneak peek of what’s going to happen on the Blacklight Run. A much bigger and better festival with more vibrant neon colors is to be anticipated during the race itself.
** All photos are from Greenbulb Public Relations